Mike Jennings would like to Thank everyone who attended the Reining and Western Horsemanship Clinic yesterday at Daniel and Angel Hoerauf’s Nova Reiners in Catlett, VA. We look forward to doing more Clinics in the near future.
We had riders from the show level to Walk-trot level who had an interest in Reining or how Reining can help with their horse. The fun Reining class we had at the end of the Clinic was evidence that the riders were ready to apply things we covered during the day.
I enjoyed working with Daniel and Angel Hoerauf, and my wife, Stephanie, to conduct the Clinic, as well as Denise and Shorty Robinson who hosted the Clinic at BW Farm.
Contact Mike at Mike@professionalauction.com
Daniel Hoerauf at email@example.com
Julie Slemp, Chairperson of the VQHA Crisis Fund Committee, is collecting donations to be auctioned off at this year’s Banquet. The following items have been donated for auction:
- Lucas Cash Show Horses – one month of training
- Kelly Performance Horses – one month of training
- BMG Show Horses – one month of training
- Connie Christopher – one month of training
- VQHA Central Region – Montana Silver Smith Buckle
- Shannon Fisher / Shannon Rennee Designs – a piece of fine jewelry
- Kimberley Campbell – necklace from Lia Sophia
- Christina Gedney / CG Designs – 2 page ad ($300 value)
- Alice and Garmon Barger – Zippo Hot Pine Breeding
- Cohill Performance Horses – (2) 1 hour lessons
- Jenna Obermiller – 2 page ad design from Icandothatdesign
- Celina Schmucker Aspen Hill quarter horses – wool cooler and leg wraps
- The Rock Star Shows – (4) 1 stall certificates good at any circuit.
- The Rock Star Shows – One certificate good for for one stall, all class, office and AQHA fees for 1 weekend. Includes 50% discount (at the same show) on 1 show’s stakes or Futurity entry fees for 1 horse. (The regular WP fee is $1,850 and the HUS fee is $750 so the certificate is worth more than $1,000 depending on how the winner uses it.)
If you have anything you’d like to donate please email Julie Slemp at JSlemp@monticello.org
As frequent competitors and spectators at horse shows across the country, we understand the sacrifices in both time and money that are involved with showing horses. Shows should be fun and rewarding. Our vision is to provide outstanding customer service and to award significant prizes, incentives, and awards to the competitors at our shows. When you show with us, you’ll not only have a great time and earn breed association points, but you’ll also have the opportunity to win wonderful prizes, enjoy a tasty dinner with friends, participate in fun activities, and maybe even win one of the many prizes distributed to random competitors in each class. And don’t forget about our incredible year-end prizes!
We want your feedback. As we grow our show circuit, it’s important to us that we keep in touch with what our clients want. Is there a way you think we can improve upon our service or show format? What sort of prizes would you like to see at the weekend shows? We want to hear from you, so please give us a call or send us an email.
We look forward to having you with us this year!
Sydney Miller and Michele Wilhelm
Rock Star Horse Shows
Clinic for Reining and Western Horsemanship, Saturday January 28 in Catlett, VA with Mike Jennings and Daniel Hoerauf.
How the basics of Reining help all disciplines and Tune Up for the Show Season.
Mounted Fee: $85. Audit Fee: $10 FREE: 4-H Members and Children 12 and under.
BW Farm – 11032 Brent Town Road, Catlett, Virginia 20119
9:00 AM – Registration opens
10:00 AM- Demonstration Begins
Contact Mike Jennings Mike@professionalauction.com Or Daniel Hoerauf firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin W. Bierman, 78 of Glasgow, VA passed away Friday, January 13, 2012 at his home. Frank was born June 16, 1933 in York, PA. He was the son of the late Frederick H. and Fairy K. Bierman. Frank was a graduate of William Penn High School in York, PA. He worked in sales at Eugene Jacobs, Gregory”s and Lehymer’s clothing stores. In the 1960’s he moved to Roanoke, VA where he was employed by Davidson’s Men’s Clothing Stores to handle advertising and sales promotions where he worked for 17 years. Because of his interest in horses he accepted the position of a fund-raiser and later became Director of Operations of the Virginia Horse Center in Rockbridge County Virginia. He was a member of Rockbridge Hunt where he was appointed joint field master. He was an avid supporter of the United States Pony Club and was instrumental in bringing the USPC National Championship to the Virginia Horse Center. Frank is survived by a brother Frederick Bierman and his wife Gretchen, their daughter Susan Gordon and her son Robert and his family along with two cousins Susan Foose and Kitty Kurtz.
A Graveside service will be announced for a later date, at the connivance of Frank’s family in Prospect Hill Cemetery, York, PA. Memorial contributions may be made to the Rockbridge Hospice, 315 Myers Street, Lexington, VA 24450 or The US Pony Club, 4041 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511.
Arrangements Oakey’s North Chapel who invite you to address on-line condolences to www.oakeys.com.