Supported by the Virginia Horse Industry Board With a grant of $5,000.00 for the 2023 futurity.
The VIRGINIA BRED FUTURITY SHOW with the Spring Breakout.
The VQHA Virginia Bred Futurity will be held with the Spring Breakout, March 23-26, 2023 at the Virginia Horse Center, Lexington, VA.
Main Things to Know
- Over $5,000 Added to Purse from a grant from the Virginia Horse Industry Board
- $5,000 Schneiders Show Saddle to be drawn from entries
- Owner and Rider CAN be from ANYWHERE, but both must be members of VQHA
- Purse allocated by Number of Entries
- VA Bred Event Volunteers may participate and show
Stallions Must be Nominated for 2023
- Stallions Nominated in 2023 – All Foals can compete in 2023
- Stallion Nomination fees are graduated – $100 for one foal to be eligible, $200 for two foals to be eligible and $300 for three or more foals to be eligible.
- Mare Owners can Nominate Stallions
- Advertise Stallions and Eligible Foals on VA Bred page of VQHA website.
Eligibility of Entries – Eligibility for Owners and Exhibitors
- Futurity Entries must be foaled in Virginia and designated on the registration papers.
- Owners and exhibitors from ANYWHERE may participate with eligible entries. but both must be members of VQHA
- Total purse divided by the number of entries in all classes. MORE ENTRIES in the Class means BIGGER PURSE!!!
- Total purse = Entry Fees added to Majority of $5,000 provided by the Grant from the Virginia Horse Industry board, less approximately $250 for expenses.
- Classes are placed through tenth place.
- Twenty percent (20%) of the winnings awarded to Stallion Nominator.
FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Ashley Kloske, 804-712-2497
- 2023 Virginia Bred Rules and Regulations
- 2023 Virginia Bred Stallion Nomination Form
- 2023 Virginia Bred Entry Form
The VQHA Virginia Bred Program would like to thank our members for their generous support!!
Virginia Horse Industry Board
Virginia Quarter Horse Association